Monday, May 11, 2009

New Painting: "In Her World of Blue"

"In Her World of Blue", oil on canvas, 18" x 24"

This is my newest finished painting which was recently shown at the New Puppy Gallery in Los Angeles along with three of my crayon drawings and the painting, "Entrapment". My friend Nicole posed for this piece. It turned out being very classical or renaissance-looking which I like, and the gold frame I chose for it also really helped the whole look of it. Antique or classical style frames seem to be working really well with my paintings because they add this other layer of mystery. I have always liked the idea of discovering old mysterious portraits, so I hope I can create a similar sense of mystery about my own work.

The idea behind this painting actually started with a song from the Twin Peaks "Fire Walk With Me" soundtrack called "Questions in a World of Blue". I was listening to the song and came up with this composition. I liked the idea of someone blending in with a dream world and portrayed that through color. To keep the blues the same I decided against any crayon accents.


No comments:

Post a Comment