Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Decorations of the Past", showing soon at the C.A.V.E. Gallery

"Decorations of the Past", oil and crayon on canvas

This is my newest completed painting which will be showing May 1st through May 24th at the C.A.V.E. Gallery in Venice, California. The opening will be from 7 to 11 pm on May 1st, which I will be attending. For this piece I did my new technique combining oils and crayon, and my model was my friend Nicole. I was really inspired by her pink flower headband, and the painting's composition sort of grew around that as a focus. For the background I looked at some photos that I took in Greece this summer of anceient ruins on Aegina Island. The Cure's album "Disintegration" was basically my soundtrack to my Greece trip, and was primarily what I listened to while painting this. I think unknowingly, this painting became a reflection of my time in Greece, thus "Decorations of the Past".

I took my painting in to get framed by my new favorite frame shop just a short distance away. I realize how important choosing the right and best frame for a piece is. Ultimately it's the make-or-break finishing touch, and in this case, I am very happy with how it turned out!
Check out the gallery I will be showing at and a flyer for the Brushfire show at the C.A.V.E. Gallery featuring this painting at:



No comments:

Post a Comment